To: Lee Perry,
Subject: Top 10 Reasons to Vote "NO" on HB 96
Date: Mon Feb 10 16:31:34 MST 2014
Dear Rep. Perry,
I am assuming you will be voting "NO" on this bill, but just in case you are undecided. I want to add my non-support below.
I have read HB 96, so you can take me out out of the category of the "misinformed and buying into progranda" and I ask that you vote "NO" to expanding government.
TOP TEN REASONS TO VOTE "NO" ON HB 96
10. Labeling children earlier and earlier as so-called "at-risk" and possibly "special needs" based on factors that are beyond their control is wrong.
9. Educational decisions are best made and decided LOCALLY and not with earmarks!
8. Private companies shouldn't be getting favors and guaranteed returns on their investments from the govt (having spent 9 years teaching school, I can pretty much guarantee you that the school assessments WILL show growth and this WILL lead to an expansion of services).
7. Education of children should not be to fulfill governments or societies needs in the workforce.
6. The measures being used to determine children who will qualify is messed up! The whole free or reduced lunch thing is a joke and many are getting sucked into the system and using these services that DO NOT necessarily need them, but are being encouraged to use them because it will help the schools get funding.
5. When govt. provides additional services, people become dependent and not independent.
4. Data collection begins earlier and earlier on young children and families.
3. Opens the door to inviting Obama's agenda of universal preschool for all. It doesn't matter if you are targeting 1% of the population or 100% of the population, the concept should be rejected on principle, not population!
2. Children who start behind DON'T always stay behind. Children aren't widgets, they are humans and they are unique and develop and learn differently. This is one of the most offensive lines being sold to the public and parents.
And drum roll please, the #1 reason to vote "NO" on HB 96...
1. MORE GOVT IS NOT THE SOLUTION TO OUR PROBLEMS, IT IS THE PROBLEM! (Ronald Reagan)
Renee' and Kevin Braddy
(concerned and involved citizens, parents, former educator, taxpayers, and freedom loving Americans)